NEW REGISTRATION FOR GELDINGS OF ANY AGE
A castration certificate (or statutory declaration from an equine professional) must be submitted - displaying horse's full registered name.
- Please use the TRANSFER product if you have purchased a horse which already holds IMHR registration (check the IMHR online studbook if you are unsure).
- If you are changing a registration from STALLION to GELDING, please use the Update Gelding Status form.
- Please complete form carefully, checking all spelling.
- Do NOT complete form using all capital letters.
Regarding the IMHR Studbook Amnesty:
For the amnesty period to 1 August 2015, parentage as specified by the registered owner will be recorded on the Association stud book and registration certificates. After this date, proof of parentage must be provided via stallion return (lodged with IMHR before resultant foal is born), DNA or dual registration with another society recognised by the Committee. Horses without confirmed parentage shall be listed with parentage ‘not on file’ until parentage is confirmed.
Recognised societies for the purposes of registration are:
- Miniature Horse Association of Australia (MHAA) Inc.
- Australian Miniature Pony Society (AMPS) Inc.
- New Zealand Miniature Horse Association (NZMHA) Inc.
- American Miniature Horse Association (AMHA) Inc.
- American Shetland Pony Club (ASPC)
- Australian Pony Stud Book (APSB)
DNA Parentage Testing
If you need to prove parentage via DNA genetic testing, we recommend Practical Horse Genetics, Sydney.
Regarding the use of MHAA service certificates:
If you are attempting to register a horse born after 1 Aug 2015 using an MHAA service certificate, you must include a copy of the lodgement receipt (tax invoice) which would have been issued to the stallion owner at the time the return was submitted. Failure to do so will result in the horse being registered with parentage 'not on file' until parentage is confirmed by other means as outlined above.
RESIZE PHOTOS BEFORE STARTING YOUR ORDER!
Images must meet the following requirements. Attempting to upload an image that does not meet these requirements can cause unexpected behaviour.
- Image file names must be alphanumeric, and cannot contain any spaces or special characters.
- Supported file types are JPEG/JPG and PNG. TIF and PDF files are not supported.
- Images must be 500kb or smaller. If you are unsure how to resize your images, visit http://www.resize-photos.com/ and resize them to Width 400 pixels.
- If you are still having issues with uploading photos, please upload them to a host service such as PostImage and provide the direct link to your photos.
IT IS AN OFFENSE TO REGISTER A COLT OR STALLION AS A GELDING, AND IMHR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ASK FOR PROOF OF CASTRATION. DISCIPLINARY ACTION MAY BE TAKEN IF ANYONE IS FOUND BREACHING THIS RULE.
* Please note: Processing time may be up to 14 days.
If you have not received your membership/registration after 14 days please contact the Secretary.